May 4, 2007

TGIF?

This past week was one of those weeks. Not a horrible week, just one of those weeks (and really since it’s Friday and not truly over, I am thinking I had better watch my P’s and Q’s). It started with getting one of those notices about property tax from the mortgage company and ended with finding out the car would need work on it with a number that had the mechanic telling me I could go on an installment plan.

I’m not happy about it.

Certainly, it skews my plans a bit but, giving the scheme of things and the last few years I am blessed with a bit of perspective.

See, it could be worse.

The thing I always seem to be reminding myself of these days is no matter how much life may not fit into whatever picture perfect setting I would like, it could be a lot worse.

The car needs work and it’s going to cost money? Well, at least I have a car and at least I am able to cover it even if I have to go into a hole a little to pay it.

Property tax bill comes in? Well, at least I can say I ‘own’ something that they can even tax me on.

I am trying not to freak out these days when things seem bad because freaking out in the end doesn’t really do you much good. Neither does getting upset or dwelling on something and being negative about it. Yes, if I get knocked down, it’s becoming more a matter of just picking myself up and brushing the dust off of me and then continuing to move forward in the process doing the work necessary to deal with the situation at hand.

The key is to stay focused on a goal and to keep moving forward - some days I make little progress and some days there are tremendous breakthroughs and as long as I remind myself of that and keep working to move ahead, things will be fine.

No comments: